Why would I want a UL Listing on a control panel?
J Consulting has years of experience with UL's Industrial Control Panel (ICP)
program. As a 10 year veteran of the program, J Conuslting can get your panel
built, in one off quantities or large production quantities. UL’s safety Marks
are the most credible and sought after certification marks in North America.
When regulators, specifiers and end-product certifiers see the familiar UL Mark,
they’re confident that the panel has met the certification requirements.
What do you get?
- Increase your competitive advantage. Offer your customers UL Listed
general purpose control panels and bid on jobs that specify UL Listed ICPs.
- Cover all requirements. Using UL Listed or Recognized components in
an ICP does not guarantee or imply that the entire assembly meets all
applicable safety requirements. UL's ICP Builders program covers proper
component usage, enclosure environmental ratings, conformance to the National
Electric Code (NEC), Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), wiring and motor
protection, and safety markings.
- Eliminate red-tagged panels at the job site, along with the
resulting delays and extra cost.
- Benefit from the widespread acceptance of the UL Mark by regulatory
authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada. UL is
represented on each of the NEC's 20 code-making panels and shares its
expertise with code-developers working on the CEC. With your success at stake,
leave nothing to chance.
- Increased component sourcing – In November 2003, UL and CSA
International announced a formal
Component Acceptance Agreement that permits acceptance of specific
components for use in end-products, including industrial control panels. This
agreement gives UL customers even more flexibility when sourcing components
because CSA Certified Components covered by the agreement can now be used in
UL Listed Panels in addition to UL Listed and UL Recognized Components already
permitted under the scope of the ICP Program.
- Team with J Consulting's UL expertise and build compliance into
- Consolidate your safety certification needs with UL and start
saving time and money.
- J Consulting works in partnership with
Heitek Automation to get
your UL panel constructed and approved.